Turn Up the V was born February 10, 2013. Since then I've written more than 90 blog posts, and I don’t intend to stop anytime soon.
Things you should know:
1. I write non-fiction. This stuff REALLY happens.
2. Please feel free to share the blog posts with your friends. (See picture above.) Share with your enemies. Share with parents, teachers, therapists, peers, co-workers, support group members, and anyone else who might be enlightened, entertained, or interested. You do not need my permission to share.
3. I love reading your comments and emails. I’m grateful for them and for anyone who takes the time to give me feedback. If you’d like to tell me that you dislike my blog very much, feel free to do that, too. You don’t even have to leave your real name!
I write about life – my messy, lovely, complicated, joyful life with my husband and my three boys. I can’t imagine running out of ideas. And if I run out of ideas, a child is sure to slip on a patch of ice and land in the nearest ER.
I’ve written about the moon, toenails, and donuts. I’ve written about love and grief. I’ve written about a long winter, schedules, and shorts.
I write about life with autism and hope it allows readers to peek inside our world. (I’m sure you’re curious. I would be.)
My most viewed post has been A Letter to the Woman Who Scolded My Son at the Pool. More than 13,000 people viewed that post, which I consider a big deal because I don’t know that many people. It was shared and shared and shared and shared. (See #2 above.) Thank you for sharing!
Some of my favorites:
Autism at the Field of Dreams
Gratitude: THAT Kid
Cedar Falls Day
Please do me a favor and answer these questions. You can comment on this blog, leave your thoughts on Facebook, or email me. (See #3 above.)
1. Do you have any favorite blog posts? If you don’t remember the title, let me know what it was about.
2. Is there a topic you’d like me to address? Is there something you wonder about but are afraid to ask?
3. Would you buy my book of published blog posts with some new material thrown in?
4. Would you buy an e-book online – with 4-5 new blogs for a dollar or two? One that you could download and read instantly?
If you can't answer all of these questions, answer one or two.
Your feedback will be helpful as I make plans. Thank you, thank you!