Does anyone remember doing this?
The questions are not my own, but my sons’ answers are 100% original.
Kids are brutally honest. Be brave, my friends, if you try this at home. It's not for the faint of heart.
I asked Isaac some questions, but he was more interested in listening to his country music station. C’est la vie. These questions are difficult for Isaac to answer.
I asked Isaac if he loves me, and he said, “Yes.” That’s enough for me.
1. If your mom were famous, what would she be famous for?
Noah: for having three famous boys
Henry: for being the queen of the world. Now that’s good fiction! And for writing.
2. What does your mom like to do?
Noah: go on walks at Big Woods Lake
Henry: reading and writing
3. What is something your mom always says to you?
Noah: “How was your day?”
Henry: “Turn off your video game.”
4. What makes your mom sad?
Noah: when you get a cold shower
Henry: us eating cookie dough
5. What makes your mom happy?
6. How does your mom make you laugh?
Noah: her puns
Henry: bad puns
7. What was your mom like as a child?
Noah: probably a bookworm
Henry: I don’t know . . . small.
8. What is your mom really good at doing?
9. What is your mom’s favorite food?
10. How are you and your mom the same?
Noah: We both like peace.
Henry: We both have eyes.
11. How are you and your mom different?
Noah: You have a driver’s license, and I don’t.
Henry: I have glasses. You don’t. Plus you’re 44, and I’m 10.
12. What makes you proud of your mom?
Noah: She gave birth to twins and survived.
Henry: She can cook really well.
13. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Noah: Porky the Pig
Henry: Goofy or maybe Donald Duck
14. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Noah: his bad puns
Henry: his good puns
15. How do you know your mom loves you?
Noah: You care for us.
Henry: Everything you do for us pretty much, except for taking away my DS, my video game. That’s not love, that’s punishment.